At the Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences we have a strong commitment to funding our graduate students in their research activities. Therefore, we offer a wide range of financial support.
Studying at the GESS is free of any tuition fees! On the contrary, once admitted we guarantee 14 months to 5 years of financial support depending on your chosen program and based on overall academic performance. Furthermore, PhD students with children receive additional financial support.
The GESS administers and provides an extensive range of scholarships (14.400 €/year):
- German Excellence Initiative (DFG)
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Fontana-Foundation (private donor)
- State of Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Matching funds (private donors)
Furthermore the GESS provides generous funding to its PhD students, e.g.:
- Completion scholarships
- Funding for research stays abroad for periods between 3 to 6 months
- Funding for scientific experiments
- Comprehensive travel support
- Various best paper awards