The Graduate School of Economic and Social Sciences is committed to funding doctoral students in their research activities. Studying at the GESS is free of tuition fees. Admitted students are guaranteed one to five years of financial support depending on your chosen program and based on overall academic performance. Furthermore, PhD students with children receive additional financial support.
Financial assistance/scholarships are subject to the existing provisions/guidelines of the funding body and Scholarship Program.
The GESS administers and provides an extensive range of scholarships (~15,000 €/year):
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Fontana-Foundation (private donor)
- State of Baden-Wuerttemberg
- Matching funds (private donors)
- Completion scholarships
- Funding for research stays abroad for periods between 3 to 6 months
- Funding for scientific experiments
- Comprehensive travel support
- Best paper awards