Admission to the CDSB Program
PhD programs at the CDSB:
- The application deadline is March 31, 2018 for the Fall 2018 intake. Applications can be submitted from November 2017, and there is an early application deadline on January 31, 2018.
- Applications from candidates who are not accepted in the early round will be reviewed again with all other applications after March 31, 2018.
- The prerequisite for admission is a master’s degree or a four year bachelor's degree in the respective field or equivalent.
We solely offer online application and applicants must submit their information and documents through our online application portal. Applications sent in via mail will not be considered.
Admission is based purely on academic performance and potential.
The following information is required for an application:
- Personal data
- Letter of motivation: Please provide a statement explaining your current goals, career plans and reasons for being interested in the PhD program in Business. Discuss your study plans and your fields of interest. Your statement should be in English and not exceed 500 words.
- Certificates and transcripts of grades: A transcript from each college or university is required. The degree certificate is not sufficient. The transcript should show courses, grades and degrees received, mentioning rank or distinction if applicable. A translation is required for any transcript in a language other than English or German. At this stage of the application process it is not necessary to notarize or apostil the translations. If you are accepted we need notarized translations. An apostil is not necessary. If you have not yet finished your current degree, please attach a preliminary grade report (again in English or German).
- GMAT (or GRE): All applicants must upload their test taker's copy in the online application as well as send it via the testing service. While GMAT is the preferred test, adequate GRE scores may be handed in alternatively. There is no minimum required score. Ask the GMAT Customer Service to report your test scores using the following program code: VLC-95-89 (or the Educational Testing Service using the program code: 0933).
- Letters of recommendation: Two letters of recommendation are required from faculty who are able to assess your academic ability and potential.
- Writing sample: Please attach a writing sample in English or German, e.g., a paper you have written during your studies.
- Any supplementary information relevant to your application.
In order to make the application process as convenient as possible for you, we offer an online application portal, which is available from November 2017, on.
Apply here: online application portal