Visiting Fellowships abroad
The CDSS offers its PhD candidates the opportunity to complete a part of their studies and conduct research activities free of charges at a partner institution abroad. The CDSS has bilateral agreements on visiting fellowships with
- the Graduate School in Social and Political Sciences (GSSPS) at the Università degli studi di Milano (Italy)
- the Graduate School of Social and Behavioral Sciences at the Universiteit Utrecht (Netherlands)
- the Department of Politics at New York University (USA)
- the School of Social Sciences at Rice University, Houston (USA)
- the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences at Washington University, St. Louis (USA)
The typical duration of such a stay is one or two semesters during the second year at the CDSS.
Furthermore, students can spend time at other universities abroad, if the organization and funding of such stays is possible. As of now, the CDSS has supported visiting fellowships of members at institutions such as e.g. Stanford University (USA), Emory University, Atlanta (USA), University College London (UK) and Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Belgium) in collaboration with the Department for Planning and Research Funding (Dezernat I: Planung und Forschungsförderung) at the University of Mannheim.
Please contact your CDSS Manager if you wish to become a visiting fellow at a partner institution or are looking for support to become a visiting fellow elsewhere.