All doctoral candidates must enroll at the University of Mannheim.*
Please submit the following documents:
- Completed enrollment application (if you are not enrolled already). The application form is available in division I or the Welcome Center (contact information below).
- Confirmation of the school regarding your admission as a doctoral candidate at the University of Mannheim/ of the GESS (Letter of Confirmation)
- If applicable, copy of your current employment contract
- Copy of your university entrance qualification (only if you are not already enrolled at the University of Mannheim)
- Copy of your last degree certificate (only if you did not obtain the degree at the University of Mannheim)
- ID card/passport
- Proof of exemption from statutory health insurance
- If applicable, confirmation of dis-enrollment from the higher education institution you attended last
Semester fees currently amount to €160.40 and must be paid after you have obtained a student ID number. Doctoral candidates pay no tuition fees. Transfer the fees stating your student ID and name as reference to the following bank account:
Baden-Württembergische Bank / LBBW
BIC: SOLA DE ST 600
Information and submission of documents
Doctoral candidates from Germany, please contact:
Division I - Research Services, Controlling and Quality Management
L1, 1 - third floor, room 326
Phone: 0621/181 - 1018
Opening hours: Tue, Wed, Thu (10 am - noon)
International doctoral candidates, please contact:
L2, 2-4 - first floor, room 117
*Doctoral candidates employed by the University of Mannheim on work contracts of 50% or more (based on a full time position and according to the Collective Agreement for Public Service Employees of the German Länder (TV-L)) have the possibility to choose whether to enroll or be exempted from enrollment.
- If you would like to be exempted from enrollment, please contact Ms Ditta Müller-Wolkenstein to obtain form 'Exemption from obligation to enroll'. You must inform her about any changes to your work contract immediately.
- If you would like to enroll, please submit the required documents and follow the procedure as set out above.