Join us for the GESS Open Day on October 26, 2018
Are you a student in business, economics or social sciences looking for a doctoral position? Are you interested in working with like-minded people in an international academic environment after your Master’s?
Then find out more about our doctoral programs in business, economics or social sciences and how to benefit from the research and training conditions at GESS and those of the Research Training Groups Statistical Modeling in Psychology and Statistical Modeling in Mathematics.
Visit our graduate school team on campus and meet our professors as well as our current doctoral students.
We are looking forward to seeing you.
Please register until October 11, 2018
Mail to: Ms Angelika Habecker, gess-openday(at)gess.uni-mannheim.de
Location: GESS building – B6, 30-32, 68159 Mannheim (Room 209)
10:00 a.m. Welcome and introduction (Room 209)
- Prof. Dr. Edgar Erdfelder (GESS Dean of Graduate Studies)
- Dr. Nora Berning (GESS General Manager)
10:30 a.m. How to organize your doctoral studies – application, structure, procedures (Room 209)
- Kirstin Niedernolte (Center Manager CDSB)
- Golareh Khalilpour (Center Manager CDSE)
- Milanka Stojkovic, (Center Manager CDSS)
- Claudius Werry (International Office, University of Mannheim)
11:15 a.m. Coffee break
11:45 a.m. Inside GESS – perspectives from doctoral students (Room 209)
12:30 p.m. Lunch
2:00 p.m. Center welcomes
- Center for Doctoral Studies in Business (Prof. Dr. Erik Theissen, Academic Director CDSB) (Room 212/213)
- Center for Doctoral Studies in Economics (Prof. Dr. Jochen Streb, Academic Director CDSE) & Centre for European Economic Research (Dr. Fabienne Rasel) (Room 230)
- Center for Doctoral Studies in Social and Behavioral Sciences (Prof. Dr. Edgar Erdfelder, Academic Director CDSS) (Room 209)
- Statistical Modeling in Psychology (Prof. Dr. Thorsten Meiser, Spokesperson of the SMiP group)
- Research Training Group 1953 (Stefan Koch)
3:00 p.m. Coffee break
3:30 p.m. Campus tour
5:00 p.m. End of program
How to find us
Traveling by Bus and Train
Mannheim main station is a transportation hub in the immediate vicinity of the University of Mannheim. To get to our premises, you can take tram lines 1, 5, 5a and 15 to the station Schloss and then walk another 10 minutes to B6 30-32. You can also take bus route 60 to station Universität West.
The Rhein-Neckar-Verkehr GmbH (rnv) runs the local public transport system. Visit their website.
Walking from Mannheim Main Station
The walk from the station to the place where GESS is located (B6, 30-32), takes around 15-20 minutes.
Traveling by Car
You can reach the GESS by taking the A6 highway, and exiting at Mannheim Mitte. Take the B37 and follow it past the Planetarium and then turn left following the sign indicating Universität. Once you have passed Mannheim main station, you are on Bismarckstrasse which you drive along to the end passing the palace where the university is located on your left side. At the end you turn right to Parkring and again the next street right having in front of you the square B7. Follow the street until you reach square B6 on your left side. Unfortunately, the University of Mannheim does not have a visitor's car park. We recommend using the parking lot underneath the Mensa.
Traveling by Plane
Traveling by Plane Mannheim has a regional airport, which has direct flights to and from Berlin and Hamburg. The nearest international airport is in Frankfurt. High-speed train connections from the airport mean that you can reach Mannheim in 30 minutes.