Join us for the GESS Open Day on October 26, 2018
Are you a student in business, economics or social sciences looking for a doctoral position? Are you interested in working with like-minded people in an international academic environment after your Master’s?
Than find out more about our doctoral programs in business, economics or social sciences and how to benefit from the research and training conditions at GESS and those of the Research Training Groups Statistical Modeling in Psychology and Statistical Modeling in Mathematics.
Visit our graduate school team on campus and meet our professors as well as our current doctoral students.
We are looking forward to seeing you.
Please register until September 30, 2018
Mail to: Ms Angelika Habecker, gess-openday(at)gess.uni-mannheim.de
Location: GESS building – B6, 30-32, 68159 Mannheim
10:00 a.m. Welcome and introduction
- Prof. Dr. Edgar Erdfelder (GESS Dean of Graduate Studies)
- Dr. Nora Berning (GESS General Manager)
10:30 a.m. How to organize your doctoral studies – application, structure, procedures
- Kirstin Niedernolte (Center Manager CDSB)
- Dr. Dagmar Röttsches (Center Manager CDSE)
- Milanka Stojkovic, (Center Manager CDSS)
- Claudius Werry (International Office, University of Mannheim)
11:15 a.m. Coffee break
11:45 a.m. Inside GESS – perspectives from doctoral students
12:30 p.m. Lunch
2:00 p.m. Center welcomes
- Center for Doctoral Studies in Business (Prof. Dr. Erik Theissen, Academic Director CDSB)
- Center for Doctoral Studies in Economics (Prof. Dr. Jochen Streb, Academic Director CDSE) & Centre for European Economic Research (Dr. Fabienne Rasel)
- Center for Doctoral Studies in Social and Behavioral Sciences (Prof. Dr. Edgar Erdfelder, Academic Director CDSS)
- Statistical Modeling in Psychology (Prof. Dr. Thorsten Meiser, Spokesperson of the SMiP group)
- Research Training Group 1953 (Stefan Koch & Alexander Kreis)
3:00 p.m. Coffee break
3:30 p.m. Campus tour
5:00 p.m. End of program