DAAD Scholarships for the 7th GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology
Young social researchers worldwide! Are you interested in the latest theoretical and practical tools of survey-based research? 10 DAAD Summer School scholarships are available to join the 7th GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology. The summer school offers high quality training in state of the art techniques and methods of survey research.
Summer School participants who do not hold German citizenshipand are either living outside of Germany or have not been living in Germany for more than 6 months can apply for one of ten available scholarships funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and awarded by the Center for Doctoral Studies in Social and Behavioral Sciences (CDSS), University of Mannheim. Participants registered only for a short course are not eligible to apply.
Scholarships are calculated on the basis of the following rates:
- Flat rate allowance for accommodation expenses of € 250 per week up to a maximum of € 1000, i.e., for all four weeks of the summer school.
- Flat rate allowance for travel expenses depending on the country from which the participant travels to the Summer School.
- Course fees up to a maximum of € 500, i.e., for all four weeks of the summer school.
Scholarships will be transferred to the participant’s bank account upon successful participation in the Summer School (i.e., attendance of at least 80% of the course). No money will be transferred before the Summer School or in case the participant misses more than 20% of the course.
Applications will be evaluated based on academic criteria. To apply, please submit the following documents as one PDF file via our online application form below:
- Cover letter explaining the importance of participating in the 7th GESIS Summer School in Survey Methodology for your research work and your need for a scholarship.
- Up-to-date CV including a list of publications (if applicable)
- Certification of your current position/status (if applicable, e.g., matriculation certificate)
- Degree certificate of highest current academic degree held including transcript of records (if you haven’t obtained a relevant tertiary degree yet, include the transcript of records only).
- Letter of Reference testifying to the applicant's good standing, providing an assessment of the usefulness of the selected Summer School course(s) for the applicant's research work as well as the applicant's need for financial support.
The above mentioned documents must be submitted via our online application form below as one PDF file by 08 April 2018 (German time). Applicants will be informed whether their application has been successful by 31 May at the latest.
Before applying for one of the scholarships, please register at training.gesis.org to secure a place. Registration will only become binding once GESIS has received the participation fee. Please note that you will not receive the DAAD scholarship without having paid the fee.
Should you not be granted a scholarship, you may send a cancellation request to summerschool(at)gesis.org. You will receive full refund if you cancel up to 4 weeks before the course (see terms and conditions).
All questions may be sent to summerschool(at)gesis.org.
Click here to submit your complete application for a scholarship by CDSS/DAAD.